The Mitchell Shire Council Budget 2021-22 and Financial Plan 2021-22 to 2030-2031 presents our financial plan for the next 10 years.
It includes budget reports, budget analysis, long-term strategies, fees and charges schedule, rating information and our planned capital works program.
All Victorian Councils are required to prepare a Budget and Financial Plan annually, and a Revenue and Rating Plan every four years.
Suggest a project
We welcome your input for projects that can be considered for future Council budgets. Make a suggestion.
Financial Plan 2021-22 to 2030-31
The accompanying Financial Plan outlines the financial and human resources that are needed to deliver on the Council Plan actions and to provide services and infrastructure for the community. It includes assumptions, financial indicators, non-financial resources (human resources and infrastructure), reserves, and our projected financial statements.
Budget 2021-22 snapshot
As part of the 2021-22 budget we'll invest:
- roads and bridges: $6.9 million
- footpaths and cycleways: $1.42 million
- recreation, leisure and community facilities: $4.7 million
- parks, open space and streetscapes: $255,000
- waste management: $5.13 million
- buildings: $1.07 million
Revenue and Rating Plan 2021-22 to 2024-25
The Revenue and Rating Plan now replaces the Rating Strategy (last reviewed in 2019).
The Revenue and Rating Plan provides:
- a clear explanation of decisions made by Council in implementing revenue and rating practices
- information on the rating framework employed by Council and justification for the basis of the framework, including the rationale and objective behind pricing decisions
- references to relevant policies, such as community fees and charges, financial hardship, debt recovery, and service provision
- consideration of the factors such as dates, accountability, engagement and implications.
Past budgets and plans
Review our annual budgets, strategic resource plans and fees and charges from previous years.
Reports and plans
Both the Budget and Financial Plan documents relate to the Council Plan and are reported on in the Annual Report.
This page was last updated on 15 October 2021.