Mitchell’s advocacy priorities
Fight for Mitchell Shire
During the Federal election, we called on candidates to commit funding for local mental health services and a full diamond interchange ramps joining Hume Freeway and Watson Street in Wallan.
We had a fantastic response from the community with more than 1000 emails and postcards sent to candidates in the seats of McEwen, Nicholls and Bendigo.
You can learn more about the campaign at www.fightformitchellshire.com.
We're currently reviewing our advocacy priorities and will have updated information available in coming months about these, and other campaigns.
Mitchell Shire’s population is growing at a rate of 4.8% a year. This projected growth is changing the characteristics and demographics of the region and putting additional pressure on already strained infrastructure and services.
Asking for Help to Provide Services and Infrastructure into our Future
To ensure the liveability of Mitchell Shire, we have worked with our community to develop our advocacy priorities that require planning or funding investment.
These fact sheets and business cases are for community, government, elected representatives, election candidates, government departments and service providers to better understand the critical needs of our community and to ensure our service and infrastructure investment needs are supported now and in the future.
Access to Services
Jobs, Investment and Tourism
- Upgrade of High and Hamilton streets intersection, Broadford fact sheet PDF (973 KB)
- New bridge over Whiteheads creek fact sheet PDF (279 KB)
- Supporting growth in Mitchell Shire preliminary business case PDF (1.87 MB)
- Watson street upgrade hume hwy interchange fact sheet PDF (313 KB)
- Increased funding for the maintenance of local roads fact sheet PDF (358 KB)