Mitchell Shire's BIG BUILD
Mitchell Shire’s BIG BUILD highlights seven transformational projects which would both support our community through their recovery from the impacts of COVID-19 and also provide enduring and substantial economic, social and environmental benefits:
- Camerons Lane – Hume Freeway Diamond Interchange
- Wallan Regional Park
- Greenhill Reserve Sport, Recreational and Environmental Precinct
- Kilmore Bypass on the Northern Highway
- Old Goulburn River Bridge, Seymour
- Kilmore Learning and Community Hub
- Seymour Integrated Health and Community Hub
- Puckapunyal Tank and Artillery Museum
Benefits to the community
These projects would provide immediate economic and jobs stimulus through construction, along with enabling sustained long-term economic and community development.
Mitchell Shire is positioned at the heart of Victoria, it is the gateway from Melbourne to the rest of the country. With the Hume Freeway, the future Inland Rail, and Beveridge Intermodal Freight Terminal, Mitchell is central to Australia’s future freight and transportation network.
Combined, the package of projects identified in Mitchell Shire’s BIG BUILD could create over 4,600 jobs through construction and ultimately enable more than 20,000 on-going jobs.
Investment in Mitchell Shire now would be truly transformational. Mitchell Shire’s BIG BUILD represents the opportunity to create a healthy, connected and sustainable community.
This page was last updated on 17 August 2022.