Council Meetings - Public Question Time
Ordinary meetings of Council are held regularly and are open to the public.
- Time is allocated for public questions at each meeting and are answered immediately if possible
- Questions must be submitted on the attached form and received by Council before 10am on the day of the ordinary meeting
- There is a maximum of two (2) questions per person
Download the Request Form and Guidelines (PDF, 57k) or pick one up from our Customer Service Centres.
Where an immediate response cannot be given, or issues need to be investigated, a written response will be provided as soon as possible.
Meeting Procedures - Local Law No. 4
- To provide fair and consistent procedures that must be followed by Council
- Govern the timing of announcements of Council meetings
- The Correct order of meetings
- The correct procedure for elections, voting and nominating
- A range of other procedures that Council must routinely follow to make decisions that are considered fair and valid
For full details of how this law governs Meeting Procedures please refer to the link below.
Council has appointed a Hearings Committee to hear and report to Council on submissions received under the Local Government Act 1989 and on objections and submissions received in relation to planning permit applications under the Planning and Environment Act 1987.
Meetings of the Committee are scheduled for the first and third Mondays of the month but if there are no submissions to be heard at a particular meeting of the Committee, the meeting will be cancelled.
A range of public meetings are often held within the Mitchell Shire. Where Council has involvement in these meetings, the details will be listed on our calendar of events.
Where Council has organised a Record of Proceedings, these will be available for viewing on this website as soon as practical after a meeting is held.
Current Council Meeting Agendas
For 2014 Council Minutes and 2014 Hearings Commitee Agendas visit the 2014 Minutes Archive page.