Know my bin day
Domestic garbage bins are collected weekly, while your recycling bins are collected on alternate fortnights, the same day as your garbage bin.
- Pyalong Township
- Tooborac Township
- Tallarook including School House Lane
- Northwood Rd, Northwood
- Seymour Area bounded by: Wimble St (west of Oak St), Station St, Emily St, Avenel Rd, Tarcombe Rd, Highlands Rd. Reedy Creek Rd, Sunday Creek Rd, Broadford-Wallan Rd
- Waterford Park
- Heathcote Junction.
- Seymour Area bounded by: Wimble St (east of Oak St), Anzac Ave, Gordon St, Kobyboyn Rd, Telegraph Rd
- Broadford-Epping Rd
- Wallan East
- Beveridge, Camerons Lane, Old Sydney Rd, Hansens Rd
- Kilmore East & O'Grady's Rd
- Upper Plenty
- Northern Highway Kilmore to Wallan
- High Street Wallan including Hidden Valley and Springridge
For information on your Recycling Collection Days, a calendar is available here for download: Cleanaway Recycling Calendar.
What can be recycled in your recycling bin (yellow lid)
- Glass bottles and jars
- Plastic bottles and containers - PET (Polyethylene Terephalate), HDPE (High Density Polyethylene), PVC (polyvinyl Choride)
- Plastic milk and cream bottles
- Steel, aluminum and aerosol cans
- Newspaper, magazines and cardboard
- Milk and juice cartons
- Pizza boxes and disposable coffee cups
- Steel pots and pans
- Plastic toys, pots and containers
What cannot be recycled in your recycling bin (yellow lid)
- Household rubbish
- Food scraps
- Garden waste
- Plastic bags
What cannot be placed in your rubbish bin (red lid)
Do not place any material which is of hazardous nature into your bin, including items not accepted at Council's resource recovery centres such as hazardous chemicals, hot ashes or liquids.
Ordering New bins
For new homes or premises; you must complete a New Garbage and Recycling Collection Service form. The form is available for download below and must be completed by the property owner. The form requires a copy of the Certificate of Occupancy for new premises.
What do I do if my bin is stolen or damaged?
All Rubbish and Recycling Bins remain the property of Mitchell Shire Council. If your bins have been lost, stolen or perhaps removed by the previous tenant; you are required to complete a Statutory Declaration in order to be granted a replacement bin.
The Statutory Declaration must include the following details:
Your contact phone number
The address where the bin/bins are missing from.
The type of bin missing, garbage or recycling or both.
For broken bins, rubbish or recycling bin not emptied or queries about what can be placed in the rubbish or recycling bin please contact Cleanaway on 1300 226 230