To protect, enhance and manage our natural environment for a sustainable future.
Think globally. Act locally.
Mitchell Shire Council is responsible for the landscaping and maintenance of:
- parks and recreation reserves
- nature strip trees
- median strips
- trees in parks and land surrounding Council's buildings such as leisure centres, pre-schools and childcare facilities:
- Town Entrances
- Public toilets
- Public Gardens
- Major Parks
- Neighbourhood Parks
- Sports Grounds
- Avenues of Honour and Streets
- Parkland's and Roadsides
Amenities, furniture and equipment for public use in parks and gardens (including street furniture, barbeque's, paths and public toilets) are inspected regularly and maintained in a safe, clean and usable condition as set out in Council's Intervention Standards. This includes routine maintenance, repairs, painting and cleaning.
The Parks and Community Greening Team are appropriately qualified and trained. Staff conduct themselves in a polite and professional manner at all times. Staff ensure that the Parks and Community Greening Service is provided with as little inconvenience and disturbance to others as possible and without causing any nuisance.
Intervention standards detailing exactly how particular parks, reserves and other facilities are to be maintained in the municipality can be viewed at the Civic Centre, Broadford. Assistance, if required, will also be provided to interpret the Standards.
- Dispose of litter in the bins provided in the parks or at home
- Ensure that attractive environments can be enjoyed by all who use the parks and reserves
- Report any incident of vandalism and/or equipment defects.