Mitchell Shire's Volunteer Development Project aims to train, support and recruit volunteers into existing and emerging not-for profit community clubs, groups and incorporated associations.
Mitchell Community Skillsbank is a central hub for volunteers and volunteering groups working in Mitchell Shire.
By registering with Skillsbank, your volunteering time can be matched with organisations in need of your skills and expertise.
The Mitchell Community Skillsbank:
- serves as a valuable resource for accessing specific volunteering organisations and the specialist skill sets of their volunteers
- Assists Community organisations with recruitment of volunteers for their group
- Provides a list of all available opportunities from registered groups and organisations for those wanting to volunteer
- Matches suitable volunteers to opportunities within Community organisations throughout Mitchell
- Keeps community organisations and volunteers up to date with available training, news and events within Mitchell Shire.
Mitchell Shire Council acknowledges and respects the privacy of individuals. Personal information collected by Council is used for municipal purposes as specified in the Local Government Act, 1989. The information provided on this database will be used for matching individuals and community organisations who are interested in providing their services in a voluntary capacity.
The Shire's Volunteer Development Officer aims to:
- Provide general information about volunteering
- Help in matching you with a position that meets your interests
- Assist in the provision of training opportunities
- Provide ongoing support, advice and advocating on your behalf
For more information please contact the Volunteer Development Officer at Mitchell Shire Council on (03) 5734 6200
Register with Mitchell Community Skillsbank if you would like to volunteer:
Download the Mitchell Community Skillsbank Logon Guide for Volunteers
Registration and Login for Volunteers
Register with Mitchell Community Skillsbank if you are an organisation:
Download the Mitchell Community Skillsbank Logon Guide for Organisations
Registration and Login for Organisations